Sunday, April 02, 2006

Nice Stack!

I bought some quinoa flakes from the bulk bin at the health food store the other day. Quinoa is a supergrain (actually a superseed) because it's a whole protein!

Had no idea what to do with the flakes, but figured they were like rolled oats, only made from quinoa. I was about to make some hot cereal, but then I got another idea.

I combined the quinoa flakes with water and eggs. Mixed it all up and poured into a griddle to make....



Quinoa Breakfast Cakes with blueberry maple syrup (Vermont pure maple syrup heated up with some frozen wild blueberries, then reduced) and dollop of low-fat sour cream.

And then I thought, "Hey, I'm tired of all this flirting, let's go all the way." And I added hulled hemp seeds, flax seeds and sliced organic bananas that I pushed into the batter once it was spooned onto the griddle. I served this version with melted sunflower seed butter.



I made a bunch of extras that I froze. They will be reheated in the toaster oven for another breakfast, or more likely, made into naughty ice cream sandwiches.

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Urban Epicurean said...

Ooouh...yuuUuuuuuUM! I especially like the bananacakes with sunflower butter. Did you know sunflower "milk" is also available? I once saw it at the 99 cents Only Store on Wilshire x Fairfax. And this exotic milk cost just, yes, you got it, 99 cents! ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home