Thursday, March 17, 2005

Montreal: J'aime Le Metro

I love the Montreal Metro system, which was until very recently called Société de Transport de la Communauté Urbaine de Montréal. I always enjoyed the acronym because, well... SCTUM. Glance at it fast and... scum! Or ...scrotum! Or ...sucked 'em! Because of municipal amalgamation, it's now just Société de transport de Montréal - STM. Boring. But I'm goin' down anyway.



Each Montreal metro station is decorated in different style. I am particularly fond of the Villa Maria metro station because it gives me a weird 70's feeling...



Here's a sign that makes perfect sense to French-speaking people:



But on first glance I thought that retards* might get arrested if they got on this particular train. (*Wikipedia: Politically Incorrect)

Hey! Here comes le train!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home